Greek Letter Mi (Μι - Μ)
The origin of this letter may be a horned owl for "m" that was used by the Egyptians, which came from Semitic and went into Latin and English unchanged.
"Μ" Letter in mathematics and in science
- the Möbius function in number theory
- the population mean or expected value in probability and statistics
- a measure in measure theory
- micro, an SI prefix denoting 10-6 (one millionth)
- the coefficient of friction in physics
- the service rate in queueing theory
- the dynamic viscosity in physics
- magnetic permeability in electromagnetics
- a muon
- reduced mass
Greek words with "μ"