The Greek Alphabet
More Language Topics
More Topic Categories
Greek Letter Beta (Βήτα - Β)
"Beta" is supposed to be the picture of a house, with two stories. "Beta" has the same ancestors with "Beth", Hebrew for "house", given to many Jewish congregations.
"B" Letter in mathematics and in science
the Beta function.
- the second angle in a triangle.
- one root of a quadratic equation, where α represents the other
- the ratio of collector current to base current in a bipolar junction transistor (BJT) in electronics
- the false negative rate in statistics
- the beta coefficient, the non-diversifiable risk, of an asset in mathematical finance
- the sideslip angle of an airplane
- the first-order effects of variations in Coriolis force with latitude in planetary dynamics
- a beta particle (e-)
- sound intensity
Greek words with "β"