Villa Morgana is a house beloved by photographers and featured in many magazines around the world, is located in the peaceful traditional village of Megalochori, a short drive away from the best attractions & beaches of Santorini This famous villa was built around the mid-19th century and inhabited by one of the feudal landlords of the island at that time. These merchants and landlords became wealthy exporting the unique Vinsanto wine, which the island still produces. Megalochori had a particularly strong link with Odessa in Russia and many of the church bells which still toll in the village today are from Russia.
The villa is situated just a short stroll from the central village square in Santorini with its pretty churches and picturesque Venetian bell towers. The village, with its winding cobbled pathways, is free of traffic. Access to the house is through imposing large wooden entrance gates into a secluded and very pretty private courtyard, with garden and a beautiful Moroccan-style swimming pool. There is also a smaller courtyard where the guests can enjoy dining «al fresco» under the Santorini skies whilst absorbing the village atmosphere almost within arms reach.
The mansion has been beautifully renovated to provide all modern amenities, yet retaining the character and style of the original house. Double doors lead directly from the courtyard into a spacious living and dining area with superb high vaulted ceilings and original polished wooden floors. The two bedrooms lead off from either side of the central living room. One bathroom in hushed hues with modern amenities is shared between both bedrooms. The kitchen has an original stone arch which now serves as a washing up and preparation area. Modern amenities include air-conditioning in both bedrooms, free internet access, satellite TV & DVD, i-pod & i-pod docking station and a complimentary mobile phone. Villa Morgana is available for rent to those who dream a perfect honeymoon or just seek absolute relaxation in a romantic environment.
- Private Pool
- 2 bedrooms
- Enclosed courtyard with garden
- Kitchen garden with dining area
- Fenq Shui certification
- One 5 seat manual car rental (third party insurance & unlimited kilometers included)
- Air Conditioning in both bedrooms.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access
- Pool size: Width 3.4 meters, Length 5 meters, Depth 1.55 meters
- Pool loungers and umbrella in the courtyard
- Alfresco dining: table & chairs in the kitchen courtyard
- Complimentary mobile telephone with prepaid card
- Kitchen equipped with oven, fridge, filter coffee maker, kettle, toaster, cutlery, crockery, pots & pans
- Bed linen, towels, pool towels, bathrobes, slippers provided
- KORRES natural amenities
- Television / SAT/DVD player/ Ipod with Docking Station
- Port and airport transfers
- Housekeeping service
- Concierge Services
- Grocery shopping service & delivery on request
- Private masseuse on request
- Private tour guide & boat charters on request
Minimum stay at this property is 3 nights
GNTO Registation number: 1144K123K0631000