Last Update: 21:12
Mission Impossible? Looks like it for Greek football champions Olympiacos Piraeus in Group D of the UEFA Champions League draw, where they will be facing Italian champions Juventus, Spanish Cup holders (and international powerhouse) Barcelona and Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon.
Olympiacos Piraeus, who have returned to the Champions League group stage after a season, couldn’t have had a more difficult draw. In order to qualify for the next stage they will need one of the two top positions in their group, while third place would send them to the Europa League groups in February.
Here are all 8 groups drawn for this season’s UEFA Champions League:
- Group A Benfica, Man Utd, Basel, CSKA Moscow
- Group B Bayern Munich, PSG, Anderlecht, Celtic
- Group C Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Qarabag
- Group D Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiacos Piraeus, Sporting
- Group E Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor
- Group F Shakhtar, Man City, Napoli, Feyenoord
- Group G Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig
- Group H Real Madrid, Dortmund, Tottenham, APOEL