Last Update: 19:39
At a cabinet meeting, held behind closed doors on Wednesday, ministers agreed on the main legislative initiatives to be implemented in the next few weeks, but there was no word when the government plans to test the waters in international money markets.
According to a press statement, attributed to unnamed sources, the cabinet ministers discussed the implementation of the agreement with the lenders, the negotiation and the conclusion of the second programme review.
In parallel, the statement says, “the government meets its commitments to society and meets fair social demands.”
“For the first time after years of memoranda, the government has managed to find the right balance between fiscal adjustment and the need of the society to stand on its feet and see the light of a fair and sustainable development at the end of the tunnel,” it says.
It adds that a series of draft laws will be submitted to parliament on the following areas:
- Intellectual rights (Culture Ministry)
- Local administration provisions (Interior Ministry)
- Combating tax evasion (Finance Ministry)
- Thessaloniki means of transport (Transport Ministry)
- Higher education (Education Ministry)
- Primary health (Health Ministry)