Last Update: 17:50
The quality of the hotels and the services provided by the Greek hotels made an improvement last year, according to research by TUI Germany.
The results were presented by Elke Janssen, head of the TUI Hotel Consulting & Quality Management, during the “4th Meeting for Quality in Tourism” held in Rhodes.More specifically, on a scale from 0 to 10, the total rating of the Greek hotels was 8.70. The islands of Kos, Rhodes, Crete stand out with 8.84, 8.73 and 8.70 respectively.
The main conclusions were:
– Quality is a major factor for potential customers of hotels and destinations.
– The best results were at the categories “customer service”, “hotel facilities” and “restaurant quality”. The category “room quality” is at low levels, however improved compared to 2015.
– Compared to other EU destinations, Greece is among the best on the “hospitality” category.
– On the other hand there is room for improvement in the field of environmental care as well as cultural infrastructure.
The TUI Germany customers to Greece have the following characteristics:
– 50 pct are couples and 40 pct families with children
– 43 pct are people with university education
– 49 pct are people of higher income
– 1/2 of the customers visiting Greece are 40-49 years old, followed by 50-59 years old (27 pct) and 30-39 years old (20 pct).
– September is the month with the highest number of arrivals, followed by August and June.