Last Update: 12:00
The local policemen will be wearing a badge with the Hellenic Police emblem and their name on it. Their responsibilities will be as follows:
1) Deal with everyday issues of local residents. If they are unable to solve a problem, they will seek the assistance of the service.
2) Perform preliminary interrogation duties, collect necessary data and information before the competent authorities take over.
3) Immediately inform their superior in the administration in case of emergency or serious cases, and respond appropriately.
4) Submit daily reports for the previous 24-hour activities and especially for incidents in the area of their responsibility.
5) Inform, facilitate and direct the public in regards to procedures on all issues that pertain to the Hellenic Police.
6) Develop contacts with state agencies, organizations and citizens, in the context of initiatives intended to improve life in the community they serve.